Pie Crust

 

Pie crust is easy and cheap to make. Here is a breakdown of what

We used  in our bakery for years.

I like to use Martha White flour Because

(GOODNESS GRACICUS IT IS GOOD) !!!

 

2 ½ Cups plain all purpose flour

2 Tbs. Sugar

¼ tsp. Salt

½ cup = 1 stick cold butter cut up ( you can use margarine )

5 Tbs. Cold veg. Oil

8 Tbs. Ice water

 

Mix all dry ingredients

 

Add the cold butter and veg. Oil work them in with a pastry

cutter or fork. ( do not over do it. You don't want it to melt )

Add Ice water and mix till it is wet (may need a little more

water )

Remove onto a lightly floured surface and knead till it stays

together.

Then cut in half to wrap in saran wrap. Chill for ½ hr. +

Then roll it out to fit a 9 in. pie pan. The top crust needs to

be a little larger. ( NOTE If you want to do this before hand

after rolling place on wax paper and roll them up and place them

in a zip lock bag and seal so thy won't dry out.

They will last for weeks. When ready to use let them come to

room temp. before unrolling. I like To roll mine up on

a pie pin. (A pie pin is about the size of 1 ¼ in. PVC pipe .

Where a rolling pin is about the size of 2 ½ in PVC.

You can go to your local hwd. Store and get them to cut you

12 in. of 1-1/4 in. and 16 in. of 2 ½ in pipe.

The reason that I want it longer is when I roll

out my biscuits I use two strips of trim  that are 3/4in.

thick and about 16 in long.

I lay them down So my biscuits will all be the same.


Dark Angel says:
 you don't always see them, but you know they're always there.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Access the Recipes And More list archives at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/recipesandmore%40googlegroups.com/

Visit the group home page at:

http://groups.google.com/group/RecipesAndMore
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to