   2 quart chicken stock

   8 ounce yellow onion, diced

   3 ounce margarine

   2 pound potatoes, bite size

   1/2 teaspoon black pepper

   2 cup milk

   3 ounce flour

   3 ounce margarine

   Combine chicken stock in saucepan with ham base. Stir until lumps are gone.
In separate stock pot: Melt first margarine measurement; add onion and sauté

until transparent. Add potato bite size pieces and pepper. Add chicken stock
mix and stir until well mixed. Bring mixture to a boil. In small pan, melt

second margarine measure and add flour to create a roux. It should be light
brown in color. When stock comes to a boil, add roux with a wire whisk. This

will cause the soup to start thickening. Return to a boil. Slowly add the milk.
If the soup is too thin, make additional roux and add it to the soup. If

you need to do this, be sure to cook the roux until a tan color. This will get
rid of the raw flour taste. If the soup is too thick, thin it out with more

milk.

Collected by Cathy

Sugar Says:
Where there is grief, I hope I offered some comfort.
Where there is hate, I hope some love was found here.
Where there is doubt, I hoped I showed you words of faith.