Hi Ariane,

> It works :-)
> In the first try I forgot to specify the constraints file.
>
> For the sw part I use the "normal" functions (e.g., not the pr
> functions) and I use the "dow" command to load the (partial)
bitstreams
> and the elf file.

Excellent -- that's good news.

> What is the status of the icap system on the ml605?
> If it is ready to use, how should the ecos .ecc file look like?

There's a "Xilinx ICAP drivers" option in the configtool under "eCos HAL
/ Microblaze architecture / Xilinx ML605 Light / ICAP hardware support"
that you need to check. It's identifier still reads VIRTEX4, but the
code has been changed to the new 12.3 Virtex-6-capable HWICAP IP
core(should work with Virtex-4 as well, though).

I have used the new code with some success, but it's nowhere near what I
would call "reliable" or even "tested". :-/ Consider it very
experimental.

Cheers,
- Enno