------ Forwarded Message
From: WEBCENTRAL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:05:42 +1000
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [atsic] Media Release:  MURRANDOO YANNER JOINS ATSIC BOARD

MURRANDOO YANNER JOINS ATSIC BOARD

On behalf of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission I welcome
the appointment of MurrandooYanner to the ATSIC Board of Commissioners.

Murrandoo has demonstrated that he will be a forceful advocate for his
people.

He will add to the current blend of youth and experience on the Board.

The fact that he will be the youngest member of the Board belies his
considerable experience, particularly in his work as executie director of
the Carpentaria Land Council.

I particularly welcome his commitment to pursuing the Treaty agenda, land
and sea rights, family violence and deaths in custody.

On behalf of the Board I extend sincere thanks to outgoing commissioner
Lester Rosendale, a committed advocate for his people.

Lester has been active in Aboriginal affairs for the past two decades and I
am sure will continue to be so.

Geoff Clark
ATSIC Chairman

Further information:       Paul Molloy   (02) 6121 4961 / 0419 690 926
                                        ATSIC National Media and Marketing
Office

------ End of Forwarded Message