On 10/3/2018 2:41 PM, Shu Lo wrote:
To Whom It May Concern,

I've just joined the recruitment list and I would like to do some open
source work for open office.
I am a 3rd year student with an intermediate knowledge of C++. I have coded
in C++ for a +1 year and have some C++ industry experience as a software
developer at ARM. I am not bound to any kind of academic commitment and
would just be interested in contributing to an open source project and any
opportunity to learn as much as possible.
As I am just trying to learn for my own benefit, I am willing to help with
anything I can. However, since I've never done anything in technical
writing, I would be extremely grateful if you could offer any experience in
documentation. I am hoping to start working at around two hours a week.
You can find me at https://github.com/Shuistlo/

Best regards
Shu

Greetings Shu and welcome to Apache OpenOffice (AAO);

As you are new to open source you may find the Orientation Modules helpful.

On the development side we usually suggest your first task is to build AOO from source. The code base and the build process are complex and being able to build is a needed skill to test any changes you may make. The pertinent build documentation is available at the following links:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO and https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step (which is also linked from the first document.)
I suspect one of the developers will also reply with more details.

Any questions you have can be asked here or on the development mailing list which can re found at d...@openoffice.apache.org. I strongly recommend subscribing to it by sending an empty e-mail to mailto:doc-subscr...@openoffice.apache.org as this is not only were the developers hang out, but also the main communication channel for the project were most decisions are made.

On the documentation side most work is done on our MediaWiki (mwiki) instance. The orientation module at Introduction to Documentation is a good overview of  what the Documentation Team does and how to get started. Again questions can be asked here or at mailto:d...@openoffice.apache.org.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna