Hi,

If you want to code on OpenOffice, I recommend that you start small with trying to compile OpenOffice on your machine:

Check the How To.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

If you have Questions keep asking! ;) And dont get discouraged. It is a long standing Project with long history.

All the best

Peter