Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson paid tribute to Fulham and admitted his
"lethargic" team could have lost by more.

Ferguson's decision to rest the likes of Roy Keane and Phil Neville and drop Paul
Scholes to the bench ultimately backfired as the visitors ran midfield.

"We were unrecognisable really," said Ferguson.

"Perhaps the tension and emotion of Wednesday night (in the Champions League against
Rangers) played a part.

"We made a terrible start, and Fulham fully deserved to win the match. There was just
a lethargy about the team, and it could have been six - our goalkeeper was marvellous."

Ferguson rued his side's inability to capitalise on Diego Forlan's equaliser against
the run of play in first-half injury time.

Forlan missed a golden chance to score a second early in the second period before
Fulham regained control of the match again.

Ferguson told MUTV: "It was an absolutely fantastic position to be in after the first
half, and we should have gone on to win it.

"But when you gamble you leave the gate open. These performances don't happen a lot,
and we're very seldom as bad as that."

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/tsUolB/TM