Hi michel,

Michael J. Yanowitz wrote:

>   Thanks for the quick reply (though I won't try it 'til tonight), but I have
> two more questions:
> 1) Should there be anything after the initrd= , or is that the correct syntax?

it's the correct spelling, however check the redhat manual
(it's called handy trick, in section with lilo or kernel rebuild)
check also the bootparam-HOWTO (i don't remember the exact name of
this).

> 2) Do I need to do anything in System Commander to let it know where the LILO
>    or the Linux Boot Master Record resides?

well, i don't know this, i use only lilo and i thinked you was aware of
this
only needing to get in linux,
my "extrapolation" is that Lilo is to be installed in the boot record
of your root partition (e.g. boot=/dev/hda2) and not in the MBR
(boot=/dev/hda) of the hard-disk, then in System C.
you give it that info.

good luck

ciao fede