On 16-Jun-98 Jason Belich wrote:
> after getting assorted uncompression errors with SO4sp3 both using the
> wrapper and manually using tar -xvzf, I attempted to just gzip -d the
> tarball and I get consistantly the error
>
> invalid compressed data--crc error
>
> I've dnlded from several different sites with the same effect.  Has
> anyone else had this problem?  If so, is there an easy solution?

Similar problem but, only tried staroffice-wrapper. Followed the exact same
procedure I used to get it working for 5.0 and keep getting it to start, look
for the file-link in /tmp and then just stop. A query shows the wrapper
installed.

Tried manually installing the .tgz and get the same old script error I used to
get every time I tried that way.

Looks like 5.1 has something that is no longer compatible.

---
We all be gwine upta hebbin!