What is the BIOS reporting as the IRQ for the two cards (if it does) on
POST?
Going into BIOS, is there a PCI "first choice" menu? Can you disable BIOS
from choosing the IRQ for the PCI cards? Is BIOS choosing the IRQs or not?
Is there a setup/config app for your SCSI card for DOS? If so what does it
say?
Simple questions I know but I just want to see what you are.

> -- Swapped the net card and the video card (this box only has
> 3 PCI slots);
> booted DOS and looked at the 3com card using their config
> utility; it had
> chosen IRQ9.  Okay; exited that utility, rebooted the
> machine, and by the time
> Linux loaded, the 3com card had snapped back to IRQ11 again.

Does RH show that et0 is at "address xxxx IRQ 11" durring LILO/kerneld load?
This still might be a RH setup problem. There is a file that sets/records
the IRQs for devices, /proc/interupts, and check /proc/pci. In the least
this will give you more info to find out why IRQ 11 is being grabed by both
cards.

Let me know what you find.

Paul Pettit      \      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CCB, Inc.         \     CTO      \     800-342-4222x114 fax:800-440-5036
http://www.ccbnpts.com        \    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ccbministries.com  \  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The #1 location for non-profit, academic, and religious computer
supplies.

"... but if we were like Microsoft, every time they repainted the lines
on the road you would have to buy a new car. Occasionally your car would
die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this,
restart and drive on. You could only have one person in the car at a
time, unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to
buy more seats. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun,
was reliable, five times as fast, twice as easy to drive, but would only
run on 5% of the roads. The airbag system would say "are you sure?"
before going off."
           -- anonymous auto industry analyst, Washington Post