Kevin,
The getwd usually means that you're (or cron) is trying to do something
from a directory that doesn't exist.

Example,
cd /usr/trash

Then in another xterm or VC, type rmdir /usr/trash

Now in the first xterm or VC, type "ls" or "cd .." and you should
get the getcd error. You can then cd /tmp or whatever to get back
to normal.

I'd look over the scripts in /etc/cron.daily and see if any of them
are trying to do something from a specific directory.

Are each of the scripts using #!/bin/sh or maybe some other
shell that has been removed? Maybe #!/bin/sh is typo'd ?

My thoughts,
Rick

--
Rick L. Mantooth        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.why.net/users/rickdman/index.html