Here is what I do manually.  I load the cd into a drive and depending
on what cd I put in I type mount /dev/cdrom# /mnt/cdrom/grainger where
# is the number of the cd drive and grainger is one of 5 directories
that I have for the different cd's that I normally load.

I tried to configure the files nessasary for autofs but it does not
seem to do anything.  There is no error message or anything that I can
find for the reason.  I figure it is a lack of knowlage on my part but
I do want to get this automated.

Brian

Alfonso Barreto Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Exaclty what was your problem configuring the autofs?
> Explain better what structure do you want with the CD's, if you can
do it
> manually then it can be done with autofs....

> Alfonso Barreto Lopez     Inst. de Inv. de Matematicas   U.N.A.M
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> On Wed, 27 May 1998, Brian Schramm wrote:
>
> > I need to mount and unmount cd's and floppies automaticly.  I have
> > read that autofs would do this for me.  I have tried to configure it
> > myself to no success.
> >
> > Can someone tell me how I can do that?  Also, can I have multiple cd
> > drives mount in a certain directory depending on the contents of the
> > cd?  That way no mater where the cd is placed it will show up on the
> > same directory all the time.  Also, is there a problem with sharing
> > Juliet cd's over a network?
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >
> > Brian
> >

> > ==