On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, David Fisher wrote:

> Sorry, but we are still going spare here trying to do basic things in
> Linux that have not been problems elsewhere, such as getting a network
> card to be recognized.

Hi Dave,

Maybe we can cut the NT/Linux flames for a brief moment and try and help
you :)

I'm surprised that getting a network card recognised is causing you
trouble. Linux usually excels in this area, so something strange and rare
must be going on.

Could you post the type of card, type of system, and distribution (with
version) of Linux you are trying to install? I'm sure we can clear the
matter up quickly.

Cheers
Chris