I'm confused about partitions.  Unless I want to isolate & limit user
file storage, why not just let the whole disk be 1 partition? (except
for a separate swap partition).

What is the disadvantage of having one single large partition?

>> I have a 4GB partition available for Linux, and I would like to know how to
>> best partition this for Linux ?
>>

>Hmmm...a religion question.
>
>I like :
>
>/ 400mb
>/tmp 250 mb
>/usr 750mb
>/usr/local 400mb
>/usr/X11R6 1000mb
>/opt 700mb
>/home 500mb

J R Casey Bralla
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Chief Nerd in Residence
NerdWorld
Cheraw, SC USA

(803) 537-8822  Voice
(803) 537-8465  Fax

... "I'm not lazy. I'm doing research on inertia."