On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, kmiller01 wrote:

> Do you guys have a suggestion to some other software package similar to
> Visio that I can use to make network diagrams?

Kvio works well, but you have to pay $10-50 to get a set of useful
stencils. The defaults are pretty lame.

> I'd prefer to stick with Linux on this project (on my laptop), my boss
> even offered to buy Visio but it's overkill for what I'm doing.

Get your boss to buy you Visio + VMware unless your on a tight budget.
Nothing wrong with Kvio (unless you don't want all the KDE libs on your
system), but in the long run, you might wish you had the ability to
save/open Visio files...and neither Kvio nor Dia will do so.

--
"Of course I'm in shape! Round's a shape, isn't it?"