On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:24:22PM -0800 or thereabouts, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have reinstalled RH 7.2 a few of times, clean install each time,  on
> a machine and it appears that each time I have done that it has created
> a new hda. Would this be correct?
> Is a hda a partition?

No.  hda is your primary hard disk.  Partitions are hda1, hda2, etc.

> I was recently told my program is on hda6 and it is out of space. (This
> shouldn't be the case as the program doesn't take up much space)
>  From the command line how can I tell how many hda's I have?

$ df

will list your filesystems and available space.

> If these are just blank partitions can I eliminate the other hda's and
> make one big one from the command line?

You can use parted to resize your partition.  Check out the docs at
http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/parted.html.
Note that you will need a boot disk, since parted does not work on
mounted partitions.

--
Andrew Pasquale