fred smith pravi:

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 09:29:35AM -0500, Robert C. Paulsen Jr. wrote:

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 04:11:02PM +0200, Sasa Stupar wrote:

Hi!

I have setup a server (RH8) with Samba for printer share. With windows machines I can access printer and print without any problem.
But from the linux clients (all are RH8) I can't print nothing. I have set up a printer thru gnome and choose UNIX printer (not local).
Did I make some configuration mistake or what?

I don't have RH8 so can't give you a precise answer, but you want to
configure a "Networked Windows (SMB)" printer, not a UNIX printer.

Not if you're printing FROM Unix/linux TO unix/linux. You want a Unix/lpd printer.

Perhaps you need to check the file /etc/lpd.perms, which controls
which lpd services are available and to whom. near the bottom (at least
of mine, on RH7.2, using lprng--your mileage WILL vary if you're using
CUPS) is this:

        # allow local job submissions only
        #REJECT SERVICE=X NOT SERVER

The default setting is to have the second of those two lines NOT
commented, which prevents remote lpd systems from accessing your lpd
subsystem. The change shown here will let ANY remote lpd client talk to
your lpd server, which may or may not be what you want. I suggest you read
the (voluminous) commentary in /etc/lpd.perms to see how to restrict it to
only the subset of clients to which you wish to actually serve printing.

Fred

Yes, I want to print from Linux to Linux. I'll try your suggestion.