if you mean the chipset for the pcmcia cards that would be an SIS (
systemsoft)i believe ...
the software for it is by them and i cant find anything else .....
(laptop brand angel if it means anything )

the infrared is smc .....

At 06:34 AM 5/3/98 -0400, you wrote:
>You fail to metion what laptop or PCIC chipset you have.  At least for
>me, this is very valuable information to try to help you.
>
>Paul ANderson
>
>Andrej Todosic wrote:
>>
>> hi everyone ,
>> i need a bit of help getting started ,
>> I am running redhat on 2 macines at home ( 5.0)
>> and i got a laptop and am trying to install it on there as well .
>>
>> Hmmmm... Problem starts at the very beginning the boot disk is locking up
>> after loading the kernel on detecting pci devices ...
>>
>> i disabled the wavetable in the bios , tried both reg and expert mode also
>> tried disabling lba mode in bios
>> it keeps locking up at the same place ...
>> i also tried freebsd for a change it locks up also probable at the same
>> place cause its right after loading the kernel ( just so to tell you that i
>> dont think its a redhat prob but my laptops ( or parameteres i am missing)
>>
>> here is what i see on the screen before it locks up :

>> uncompressing linux done
>> now booting kernel
>> console : 16 point 400scans
>> colour : vga 80x25 1 virtual console
>> pcibios_init: bios32 service directory structure at 0x000ec050
>> pcibios_init: bios32 service directory entry at 0xee610
>> pcibios_init: pci bios revision 2.10 entry at 0xee64e
>> Probing PCI hardware
>>
>> and it stops right there ... wont fart any further no matter what
>>
>> Now anyone any idea what to do ..any parameter ?
>> anything ? piece of hardware that may be the problem ?
>>
>> here is my config :
>>
>> sis510x bios
>> teac cd38e ( 8x )
>> trident cyber 9385
>> 32 mb edo
>> pnp bios 1.0a
>> sis chipset and bios
>> p150
>> 1.44 toshiba HD
>> 256k cache
>> acerlabs mpeg decoder
>> ess sound
>> touchpad
>>
>> PS i thought the expert mode disables probing ?!?
>>
>>  Andrej Todosic
>>  Junior Analyst
>>  Network Operations
>>  Mpact Immedia
>>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>>     "Out the 10Base-2, through the router, over the leased line,
>>  off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but net" -Gary Predmore
>>

>--

Andrej
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
and everything [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cause its MINE MINE MINE !!!!!

"Any disagreement with any opinion stated by ME constitutes a mutual
killfilter implementation"