Hi,

I found my solution to this problem.  I used the DIAGNOSIS.txt from the
samba www site, and through it, I found that I had changed the sercurity
from shared to user, and this was the problem.  Thanks for the help to
those who did.

Pete

>Hi,
>
>I am having some difficulty accessing my Linux drives from my Win98
machines >on my private network.  I keep getting asked for the
\\SERVER\IPC$ password, >and of course, I don't know what that is.  My
Linux box is caller 'SERVER', >and I recognize that much of it.  I have
tried giving all of the passwords >that I know to this dialog box, and none
of them work.  (I am the >administrator of the network).  I have tried
setting my computer to be a valid >'user' of the Linux box, and I have
tried making the logged in name a valid >user of the Linux box.  No Go.  Am
I missing something?  Any help would be >mucho appreciado!!>

>Pete
Pete Durst                                                              e-mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
P&L   Software                                                          fax
(613) 634-1341
Consultant/Programmer
 :-)