On 21-Jul-00 Lee Johnson wrote:

> Kevin Hancock wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Lee Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Your clock is wrong and some things were not compiled? Every time my clock
>> is behind the last compile time I get those errors. Just reset the time to
>> current time and recompile. Works for me.
>>
>> Time and date obviously.
>
> another reply thanks so much..
> in as much as i can't get back to desktop will this work?..reset time?..sorry
> you're talking to newbie more or less........
>
> anyway reset time huh?..done how?
> remember i can't get past that command line prompt ( bash)
> what caused this time thing never had before anyone know?

If you are saying that you boot and end up at a "#" primpt, then that
strongly suggests that you did not boot cleanly. i.e. some major error
was detected, and displayed on the screen. We need to know _what_ that
message is.

You can use Page Up/Page Down to scroll the screen, if necessary.

-Greg

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 21-Jul-00
Time: 13:19:34

        If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
             ...Oh, wait a minute, he already does.