On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:34:48 -0700 (PDT)
 Gordon Messmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

#EPP is available, sure.  Usually, you set this option in your BIOS, often
#under "Integrated Peripherals".  I don't know all of the details about
#EPP, ECP, and SPP, but EPP allows the printer to talk back to the PC,
#where communication is one way with SPP.
#
#MSG

"don't know all the details"....hmmm I think this is the first time MSG has failed to
know something
about something.....sorry but we'll have to knock you down to 99.6% MSG.

I remember playing around with bi-directional printing through a port switch with
IEEE-1284 cable
and changing BIOS'es to ECP, EPP...what a waste of time.  Only way we got it working
was to put in
the old regular parallel port switch.

I'm still sticking with SCSI for Linux. Have SCSI CD-RW at work, home and also SCSI
scanner HP4C &
HP5p but have yet to get around to getting them to work under Linux that is.  Last
time I tried
xsane there was a shared library conflict after installing HelixGNOME.