On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 03:44:17PM -0500, Stew Benedict wrote:
> There is an MS based Powerpoint viewer, if were going to go the emulator
> route.

> Stew Benedict

> At 12:40 PM 1/2/01 -0800, you wrote:
> >> I was afraid of  that.  I am not a fan of StatOffice.

> >I'm not aware of any other package that will do anything
> >with PowerPoint presentations.  Your only other option
> >may be an MS Office license to run under an emulator
> >or dual-boot system.  :-/

        Both Corel Presentations 9 from Corel Office 2000 for Linux
and ApplixWare Presents will import PowerPoint slides while requiring
some degree of cleanup.  My experience has been that Corel Presentations
does a better job of importing with fewer cleanups required.

> >--Kit

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/