On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Warren Melnick wrote:

> I'm sorry, I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I'm trying to set up a VMWare
> Linux box, hosted on another Linux box, and it won't let me create a
> virtual disk larger than 2047MB.
>
> The error message I get suggests that this is due to a file size limit
> in ext2fs.  Is there some way around this?

        I hit this barrier a while back.. I believe this is a 32 bit
problem as the alpha machines don't have this problem.. There are patches
for the 2.2 kernels (well at least its in suse 7.1) and I believe it
exists for the 2.4 kernel by default i.e. rh7.1  (And in  reiser 3.6* )
One problem  w/ all of this is as far as I  can tell you have to recompile
your code  for large file support.. that is you have to compile w/
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and -D_LARGE_FILE_SOURCE for C code.. thus I am not
sure the work arounds will really help you.. but look up LFS large file
system in google and see if anything new is up..

        -avi