On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, teekay wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Can bzImage be produced from an already compiled kernel?
> (It is an older kernel, for which I no longer have the compile
> environment around, and I would like to build a boot CD).
>
> thanks in advance,
> tk
> Anthony K. Transportation Systems - no HTML mail please.

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.  The compiled image you copy
to /boot is normaly a gziped or a Big gziped image if you are running on
ix86.  On a Sparc system, you can run a gziped or a non-compressed
kernel image.  The silo loader will handel eather with no problems.  You
just gzip the uncompressed image on a Sparc if you want a compressed
image.

The kernel RPMs for ix86 have both the bzImage and the uncompredded
image in the RPM, but you only realy need the bzImage.
(linuz-<version>)

Mikkel