>From: Steve Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Installing Rh6.2-Mandrake7.2-Seagate20GB&P-200mmx
>Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:52:32 +0530
>
>Oussama Dbaibo wrote:
>
> > >From Oussama Dbaibo: [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
> >
> > hi every body
> > Hi Mikkel
> > Help is nedded here please.
> > Althougt I've installed RH6.2 with every thing fine on:
> > IBM p-166 80 ram...and
> > Compaq p-166  80 ram
> >
> > I failed on this machine which Iam trying to install RH6.2  on:
> > P-200 MMX  - 20.4 GB seagate H.D - 32 ram simms in 2 slots
> > I've tried all combinations / partitionless install / also
> > formated H.D with 4 parts about 5 GB each
> > trying smaller partitions of 2 GB each.
> > Doing: / (root)  1200 MB  Linux native
> >         /boot      16 MB   Linux native
> >         /home      800 MB  Linux native
> >         /user      500 MB  Linux native
> >         /swap        32 MB swap partition
> > All failed to install RH6.2 and also Mandrake 7.2 instalation failed.
> > Always the computer stops responding when reaching format file system
> > {  hang,,,hang.,,, ]  switch off from the wall reboot from floppy
> > or from CD-rom ..all same....
> > AT last i tried text install and got this long message:

> > I do not know much about programming I think that was from python
> > language//I do not know  what it means ///I do not know what to do ????
> >
> > Please help....Help
> >
> > Thankyou all for your support.
> > Oussama Dbaibo

>     It's just a suggestion, but try enabling the "Linear Mode - needed for
>some SCSI drives" option. This comes up somewhere during install. Even I
>don't have a SCSI drive, but I could'nt install without enabling the above
>option. Hope this works.
>Regards,
>Steve Fernandez.

Registered Linux user #211615
>Registered Linux machine #98619
Help Again Please
Dear Mikkel----dear Steve fernandez
My Seagate H.D is called U10- ST-320423A
capacity=20.4 GB - cyl=16383- HDS=16 - Sect=63 - LBA= 40,011,300

So ,,Windows 98 could not see the full capacity ,only 8.0 GB seen with
Win$ FDISK .
I found a disk manager from seagate site put it on a Floppy and reboot
it gave a lot of options for formating:-such as:
-For dos and win 95
- for dos win 98 win 2000 and win NT
- Other operating system.
Trying all options successful to partition as I want .
I have made a boot partition of 16 MG only which was C:\
then D:  ,E:  ,F:  what ever..but still RH 6.2 hangs up when reaching Format
/Filesystem..waited more than 3 hours nothing.
I ve tried Mr . Fernandez suggestion  for linear once only with no hope .
The next time i tried installing RH6.2 Expert mode will not give me this
option, again hangs at format/filesystem.
With the boot partition of 16 MG It gives "allocation successful"
Then again hangs up at FOrmat filesystm.
The ram is only 32 MG and RH6.2 install said " as you do not have enough
memory install will switch to swap partition.but no luck at all..

I am suspecting the Ram and The "Bios" which is :
Award modular Bios V4.51 PG  1984-97.
But not sure .............Any suggestions Please
Thankyou
Oussama Dbaibo.