Greetings,

It makes for easier use of the openEHR libs, helping mainly in dependency
management.
Many open source java based projects use Maven it and has become an
essential tool in java based development.
Some quick stats: http://search.maven.org/#stats

José Hilário Almeida
CINTESIS - Center for Health Technology and Services Research
<http://cintesis.eu>
Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto