On Nov 22, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Simon Willnauer wrote:

> I'm working on Apache Lucene upgrading the regex contrib to
> jakarta-regex-1.5. I upgraded to make use of the added Program#prefix
> getter. Yet, this getter always returns null for me even if there
> would be a common prefix. My understanding is when I compile a regex
> "luce.+"  -> "luce" should be returned by Program#prefix(). Is that a
> bug or do I miss something essential?

I think that's a bug. There were no test cases which would exercise this
feature, so it was an easy one to make too. I think I fixed this in svn
r890007, would you mind testing how it works for you?

I'd also appreciate a patch for the test cases, to make sure functionality
stays correct :)

Thanks,
Vadim