Arnaud Bourree ha scritto:
Hi,

My 1st response should be why not used XSLT instead of Regex

The reason is that in the beginning I have to treat the XML as pure text just as I receive it without modification. Using XSLT to me requires performing a parsing which generates a DOM tree where lose original formatting (there could be spaces between tags which are important to me).

But if you percist on Regex:
(?:<inner_tag>([^<]+)</inner_tag>\s*)+

Could help you.

Thank you for your help, maybe I failed to explain the problem the right way but this expression returns all the <inner_tag>s in a single group. What I need is to get in one group is a single <inner_tag>text</inner_tag> where the number of <inner_tag> is unknown before. So I need as many groups as the number of <inner_tag>s.

Fabrizio