Gould, James <jgo...@verisign.com> 2017-08-03 18:13
> I believe TLD level EPP policies is relevant, but is best suited for
> something outside of the Launch Phase or Registry Fee command-response
> extensions.   An example policy EPP mapping is the Registry Mapping
> (https://www.verisign.com/assets/epp-sdk/verisign_epp-extension_registry_v00.html)
>  that does provide launch phase schedule information at the TLD (zone) level.
>  Something like the Registry Mapping with extensions to define the features
> and policies of EPP extensions like the Launch Phase or Registry Fee
> extensions is best suited for defining and discovering the features and
> policies.

I agree with Roger that auto-discovery should be a problem to be
tackled and replied with solutions. For TLD phases but also for a lot
of other "knobs" and options in EPP.

And I totally agree with James on the Registry Mapping extension, that
could be suited for this task.

I would even be very happy if VeriSign
could push forward to make this EPP extension a standard, to be used
by many registries.

--
Patrick Mevzek