Hi Scott,

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017, at 14:04, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> > directories.
> >

> >         Title           : Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Object
> > Tagging

One comment on the draft itself.
While I think I can understand the need, I still feel very uneasy by the
solution of tackling two values together by a given separator.
In fact it shows even in the history of the document, where you had to
change the separator multiple times.

Even beside the fact that tilde looks like a dash inferior lookalike, I
think that you would get problems whatever separator value is used. This
shows in many sentences of the text.

Were other solutions already explored?

Like one the following two:
- instead of adding the service provider to the current handle, why not
having a new RDAP attribute, like handle_provider to store only this
value?
- or, even more radical, having the current handle element not a string
anymore but a dictionary/map with one or two keys, like value
(mandatory, would be the current text in the element) and provider
(optional).

Obviously these 2 solutions involve schema changes so are more difficult
to put in place,
but I see them are more future-proof.

Sorry if I'm late to the game and I revisit already rehashed grounds.

Regards,

--
  Patrick Mevzek
  p...@dotandco.com