After some iterations of reading your reply and the draft I think I start to
get it :-)

The extension is to be used only in a response of an EPP info command.

The whole poll thing confused me, because, how I interpret RFC 5730, an EPP
poll response is the response to the epp:poll command (with the "op" attribute
either "req" or "ack"), but here, poll response has a different meaning. It
means any response having a msgQ element. To me, a response having a msgQ
element is not a poll response, but just a response (check response, info
response, poll response, create response, delete response, ...) containing a
"hint" there are poll messages available.

This makes me thinking: wouldn't it be useful to allow the use of the extension
in case of a transform response (like domain update) or a poll response (like
poll ack, which I initially had in mind when reading the draft for the first
time)? I think it is :-)

Best regards

Pieter

On 08 Jan 2018, at 14:28, Gould, James