On Thu, Apr 26, 2018, at 13:21, InterNetX - Marco Schrieck wrote:
> we found out that different registries have a strange behave while
> removing v6 addresses.

[..]

> What should be the correct behave in such situations ?

RFC 5952
A Recommendation for IPv6 Address Text Representation
August 2010, Standards Track

Selected quotes:
It is expected that the canonical format
   will be followed by humans and systems when representing IPv6
   addresses as text, but all implementations must accept and be able to
   handle any legitimate RFC 4291 format.

3.2.1.  General Summary

   With all the possible methods of text representation, each
   application must include a module, object, link, etc. to a function
   that will parse IPv6 addresses in a manner such that no matter how it
   is represented, they will mean the same address.

The recommendation
   in this section SHOULD be followed by systems when generating an
   address to be represented as text, but all implementations MUST
   accept and be able to handle any legitimate [RFC4291] format.
</quote>

It seems to me that the system (EPP server) should accept the IPv6 in any legit
format and map it to its internal format whatever it chooses to use, before
applying any other kind of business rule, such as accepting or refusing the
command.

> IP addresses are anonymized.

Next time, for obfuscation, use guidance from RFC 3849.

--
  Patrick Mevzek
  p...@dotandco.com