Did anyone consider RFC 6321 (xcal)? It has features like recurrences too. A
maintenance event is basically just a calendar event + some data about the
scope/context...

Kind regards

--
Pieter Vandepitte
Product Expert

On 10/08/18 00:08, "regext on behalf of Patrick Mevzek"
<regext-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of p...@dotandco.com> wrote:

    On Mon, Jun 11, 2018, at 15:48, Gould, James wrote:
    >     More specifically now, about "2.3.  Schedule" I am *strongly*
    > against using the format proposed for at least 2 reasons:
    >     - crontab format is not a standard, and is ambiguous for various
    > points
    >     - it encodes a format as a string which is itself in a formatted
    > structure since it is XML. "Hijacking" some free form space when you are
    > in formatted structure seems wrong to me and shows that the structure is
    > not correctly formatted because if it were you would not have to inject
    > a new format in a free text.
    >
    >     Why not use ISO8601 Repeated Time Interval format? We are then still
    > gulty of the previous point but at least it is a standard.
    >     Otherwise please amend the XML structure to break the content
    > currently in the crontab format.

    Another way of encoding that, without judging myself if it is
good/bad/better or worse than others but just to open horizons and see what is
out there since I just stumbled upon it for unrelated reasons, is the systemd
way, as described on
    https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.time.html

    With this example:

    Thu,Fri 2012-*-1,5 11:12:13

    The above refers to 11:12:13 of the first or fifth day of any month of the
year 2012, but only if that day is a Thursday or Friday.

    HTH,

    --
      Patrick Mevzek
      p...@dotandco.com