Hi Jim,

I have reviewed the draft and I think it's a good piece of work. CentralNic
actually already implements some of the practices in it: the <authInfo> code is
"write only" in that registrars can set it, but not see it. Feel free to
include that in the "Implementation Status" section.

I would support the WG's adoption of this draft if it were put forward.

G.

> On 25 Jun 2019, at 13:29, Gould, James <jgould=40verisign....@dmarc.ietf.org>
> wrote:
>
> The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Secure Authorization Information
> for Transfer (draft-gould-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer) was posted to
> define a BCP for securing the authorization information using the existing
> EPP RFCs.  The overall goal is to have strong, random authorization
> information values, that are short-lived, and that are either not stored or
> stored as cryptographic hash values.  Review and feedback is appreciated.
>
> Antoin and Jim, I would like to have 10 minutes to introduce and discuss this
> draft at the REGEXT meeting at IETF-105.
>
> Thanks,
>
> —
>
> JG
>

> James Gould
> Distinguished Engineer
> jgo...@verisign.com
>
> 703-948-3271
> 12061 Bluemont Way
> Reston, VA 20190
>
> Verisign.com <http://verisigninc.com/>
>
> On 6/25/19, 8:23 AM, "internet-dra...@ietf.org" <internet-dra...@ietf.org>
> wrote:
>

>    A new version of I-D, draft-gould-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-00.txt
>    has been successfully submitted by James Gould and posted to the
>    IETF repository.
>
>    Name:              draft-gould-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer
>    Revision:  00
>    Title:             Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Secure
> Authorization Information for Transfer
>    Document date:     2019-06-25
>    Group:             Individual Submission
>    Pages:             17
>    Htmlized:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gould-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-00
>    Htmlized:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gould-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer
>

>    Abstract:
>       The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP), in RFC 5730, defines the
>       use of authorization information to authorize a transfer.  The
>       authorization information is object-specific and has been defined in
>       the EPP Domain Name Mapping, in RFC 5731, and the EPP Contact
>       Mapping, in RFC 5733, as password-based authorization information.
>       Other authorization mechanisms can be used, but in practice the
>       password-based authorization information has been used by the
>       authorization information being set at the time of object create,
>       managed with the object update, and used to authorize an object
>       transfer request.  What has not been fully considered is the security
>       of the authorization information that includes the complexity of the
>       authorization information, the time-to-live (TTL) of the
>       authorization information, and where and how the authorization
>       information is stored.  This document defines an operational
>       practice, using the EPP RFCs, that leverages the use of strong random
> [...]

Gavin Brown
Chief Innovation Officer
CentralNic Group plc (LSE:CNIC)
https://www.centralnicgroup.com/
+44.7548243029

CentralNic Group plc is a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 8576358. Registered Offices: Saddlers House, Gutter Lane, London EC2V
6AE.