Hello Heather, Steve,

Overall, this doc should prove useful to anyone embarking on creating or
evolving a registration protocol. While reviewing the latest draft, had some
observations/feedback (sorry for the delay):

Unless this doc, as-is, is intended for just the DNRs (Domain Name
Registries/Registrars), should it not include data elements that cover the RIRs
(Regional Internet Registries) side semantics as well? If so, including the IP
Address and Autonomous System (AS) Number data elements would be a good start.

Further, unless the "A security principle to keep in mind as new reports are
developed is that it is considered a bad practice to report or disclose
security information." statement in the Security Considerations section is the
reason why we have presently no elements related with the DNSSEC, would be good
to include the DNSSEC related elements. EPP has a related extension mapping
([1]), and the RIRs have related payloads in their registration APIs (e.g. [2]).

Similarly, specific to the RIRs, the registration APIs have RPKI related
payloads (e.g. [3]). If the DNSSEC related elements are defined, would be good
to include relevant RPKI related elements for the RIRs side.

Some minor feedback for the current content:

Section 1. Introduction: "The Registration Data Dictionary provides a common
set of names and definitions for data element that may be used in any
registration protocol, including the DNS." Should it be "data elements"?
Further, should it be "including for the DNS" since DNS is itself not a
registration protocol, AFAIK?

Section 2.13. Element name: Source & Method: Do we need to elaborate on the
"Method" part here?

Section 2.15. Element name: Name: Since role entities exist in registries, do
we need to expand the definition to account for a role name, or create another
data element for it?

Section 3.1.2.1.1. Data Element Definition: Is "Name of data element type" moot
now, per the "-02: Removed all format syntax guidance." change log? If not, the
description for "Name of data element type" reads the same as that for "Name of
data element"; is that intended?

Section 3.2.1. Data Element Definition in IANA Registry: Is the "This RFC
Section 2.1." in the first "BEGIN FORM/END FORM" section intended? Further, why
2 "BEGIN FORM/END FORM" sections?

Regards,
Jasdip

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5910
[2]
https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/regrws/payloads/#delegation-key-payload
[3]
https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/regrws/payloads/#route-origin-authorization-roa-payload

On 2/13/23, 9:03 AM, "regext on behalf of James Galvin"
<regext-boun...@ietf.org <mailto:regext-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of
gal...@elistx.com <mailto:gal...@elistx.com>> wrote:

This is a reminder to please indicate your support or no objection to the
publication of this document.

The Document Shepherd should take note that the WGLC for this document was
noted on the DNSOP mailing list. Thanks to Scott Hollenbeck for doing this and
making it relevant for them to consider.

The WGLC is scheduled to end on Monday, 20 February 2023.

Thanks,

Antoin and Jim
REGEXT WG Co-Chairs