From: Hugo Salgado <hsalg...@nic.cl>
Date: Thursday, 2 March 2023 at 14:46
To: Gavin Brown <gavin.br...@centralnic.com>
Cc: regext@ietf.org <regext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [regext] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-regext-brown-epp-ttl-04.txt
Hi Gavin! It seems to me that there is a case of use that is not being
considered, when the NS and their glues are defined as an attribute of the
domain object, without having a host object. If we consider a create command
with a domain object like the example 1.1 in RFC5731: ns1.example.net 192.0.2.2
1080:0:0:0:8:800:200C:417A ns2.example.net then the ttl extension can't
differentiate between a TTL for the NS RRset and TTLs for the A/AAAA RR glue
records. If we want to allow different TTLs to be delivered for nameservers and
glues, an attribute could be added for the ttl:infData element such as
"rrtype=NS|A|AAAA". Thanks, Hugo