>  Just gave an initial read.  I’m not quite sure of the use-case that would
> motivate this, other than trying to eliminate round-trips.  But maybe that’s
> the point. :-)

Yes, that's the point. It's not atypical for a registrar to have to perform 6
or more <info> commands in order to retrieve all the relevant information about
a domain name (registrant/admin/tech/billing contact objects, 2 or more
nameservers). This extension allows all that information to be retrieved in a
single command/response transaction. Obviously this is less of an issue for a
thin registry.

I may be barking up the wrong tree here, so would appreciate feedback from
registrars as to whether this extension would be helpful (if sufficiently
deployed by registries).

>  One bit of initial feedback:  In section 3, I was expecting to see “MUST” in
> this sentence:
>  “When determining whether to include a related object in the <ro:infData>
> element, servers SHOULD apply the same access control rules that are used to
> determine whether a client is authorised to perform an <info> on those
> objects.”  I don’t understand why the protocol would allow the server to use
> different access rules for the same data accessed via a different path.

Agreed - will fix.

G.

--
Gavin Brown
CentralNic Group plc (LSE:CNIC)

CentralNic Group plc is a company registered in England and Wales with company
number 8576358. Registered Offices: Saddlers House, Gutter Lane, London EC2V
6BR.

https://www.centralnic.com