Andy,

I don't believe that RDAP was designed just for redirection services, and I
simply don't understand why the redirection services can't preserve the query
parameters.  Section 5.2 of RFC 7480 makes no mention of query parameters and
states that the server "is to hand back a complete URL", which in my opinion
should include the query parameters originally passed by the client.  Section
4.3 of RFC 7480 states that servers MUST ignore unknown query parameters, which
I believe is associated with the target server and not the redirection server.
The redirection server should not interpret ignore as the ability to filter,
since it's not the target server.

RDAP is a REST protocol and should be capable of support all the HTTP semantics
as stated by Marc.  It may be useful to define a draft associated with an RDAP
redirection service that highlights what may or may not work.  There is no
requirement for all RDAP extensions to work with a redirection service if that
service decides not to support it.  My requirement for a redirection service is
that the original URL sent by the client should be preserved with the query
parameters except for the base URL.  The target server can ignore unknown query
parameters.

--

JG

James Gould