This experimental version now has a "-z" command-line option to specify
the seed for random number generation as suggested by several people on
this list.

When I do repeated runs of it I don't see results being any closer
together than when using different random seeds.  But it will hopefully
be useful to you anyway.

Also I have fixed a bug where the experimental versions would SEGV after
completing the IO tests for no apparent reason.

It is available on my web site (which I have just moved to a better
connected server for faster transfers) and on Sourceforge.

Another project that I am starting to work on is an LDAP benchmark.  If
you are interested in benchmarking LDAP servers or tuning ReiserFS for
better OpenLDAP performance then you can talk to me off the list about
what your requirements are (I am still in the design phase).