On Thursday 14 June 2001 15:51, Christian Mayrhuber wrote:
> I've run bonnie on nfs over a 10MBit/s network on a ext2 and
> a reiserfs partition on the same disk.
>
> The Bad:
> --------
> The performance loss to ext2 on the same disk ist quit drastic, about
> 25% and this is only over a 10MBit/s network. What will happen on a
> 100MBit/s network? I have no chance to test it on 100MBit/s, SCSI
> hardware and a 3c59x card till monday.

Try testing with Bonnie++, the file creation and deletion tests will give
interesting results!  ;)

In one test I had an AIX machine that was moderately grunty (two fast
POWER CPU's, 6 hard drives on a 160MB/s bus, 256M of RAM).  When running
Bonnie++ I found that the AIX machine could create files on my Thinkpad
over a 10baseT NFS mount faster than it could create them on a local JFS
file system!