Hi

Liu Tao wrote:

> I am using 2.4.12 and all my partions are reiserfs.
> Atfer a dirty reboot caused by an accident when i was using vim,
> a bad .viminfo appears in my home directory.
> Is that fs's fault?

It depends from what did happen with that file right before crash.
If vim wrote into that file right before (in 30 seconds) crash - wrong
contents of that file after reboot is understandable behaviour of a
filesystem which does metadata journalling only.
If you are sure that the file was not touched recently and appeared to have
wrong contents after dirty reboot - then something wrong happended in a
filesystem.

Is there something like .viminfo~? If yes - does its content look better?

Thanks,
vs