>>> Oleg Drokin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/06/02 07:21 AM >>>

Make sure to get latest reiserfsprogs (v3.x.1b) from namesys ftp site.

I did this and installed it.  But, of course, my rescue disk has the old
3.x.0j version not the new 3.x.1b version.  How can I use the new
version?

> Other indications of a problem:  I ran the dmesg program from /bin and
> got "Warning log replay starting on readonly filesystem" and lots of
> "i/o failure trying to find stat data" messages.

Your filesystem was corrupted by something. Do you have Windows on that
box,
too?

I have windows on the first drive, which I rarely use, and a vfat
windows partition on the second drive so that I could transfer files.

I'm not sure, but I think my problems started after a power outage.

> "kernel: is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one
1
> kernel: vs-5150: search_by_key: invalid format found in block 8272.
> Fsck?"

This message confirms damaged blocks theory.

> I would appreciate any suggestions as to how fix my problem.

Get latest reiserfsprogs package and run reiserfsck --rebuild-tree.

I presume I'm supposed to remount my / drive as read only.  I'm not sure
how to do that.  I'll try to find out.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Bye,