thx Oleg for your fast answer, I have another question too concerning this:
actually I used badblocks as described on the reiserfs page. so now I know
which blocks are bad, and I would like to use the utility add-bad-block.
actually the exemple tells me to make a new reiserfs filesystem, then make
whatever file I want, and 'assign those bad blocks to that file'. Actually
I dont have the possibility to reformat my drive, and I have some files
residings on the bad blocks. I would like to know what will happen if I use
the add-bad-block program on my filesystem where those bad blocks are
occupied by an already existing file. actually I'M aware of some files that
are on those bad blocks, but I'm sure there are others that I dont know
about. so if I use the add-bad-block program, will this work just fine, and
will the bad blocks be deactived 'forever' or it will just wont work at
all, for exemple when I try to delete afterwards a file that contained
those blocks before. sorry if I have a bad english,
regards,
greg

ps: is there a possibility yet to set a different block size then the
default, or this will only be implemented in reiser4.