There has been a huge amount of spam coming through this list recently.
Could the list master please take the following actions:

1)  Make the list server software not strip all headers so we can see how the
messages get to the list server?  Then we could report spam to SpamCop, and
people with good filtering software could filter on the first IP address in
the list.

2)  Make the list partially moderated.  Suggestion, moderate any message from
someone who is not subscribed, and any message from an IP address that's in
the common DNSBL's.  This will not deny anyone access to the list and will
not take a huge amount of effort (once the few people like myself who
subscribe with one address and post with another get with it).

Doing such things doesn't seem to be difficult, everyone else is doing it.

Another more invasive action is to make the list server use some of the DNSBL
services to reject postings altogether.  It will slightly inconveniance some
legit users, but will really cut down on spam.