On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 17:09, Henrique Faria wrote:
> Hello!
> We're using reiserfs 3.6.25 and linux 2.4.18, in a 256 MB flash memory card,
> to develop a game. Data is written all the time, in local files, by the main
> process. The "power off" test has to be done, for the machines will be
> turned off with no shutdown process.
> What's happening: pressing the power off button (during data writing) makes
> data to be lost. Is it possible to force the data to be written in the file
> system? I tried to change the JOURNAL_MAX_TRANS_AGE and the
> JOURNAL_MAX_COMMIT_AGE consts. Less data is lost, but I still get some loss.
> Thanks,

The data logging patches also include data=ordered mode.  Using that,
plus setting the max trans age (or max batch count), will flush data
blocks right away.

I'm waiting for a tester to confirm I've fixed the page locking problem
w/writepage in the current data logging patch, then I'll do a new
release.

-chris