On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 08:59, Manuel Krause wrote:
> On 03/14/2003 02:34 AM, Chris Mason wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 19:15, Hans Reiser wrote:
> >

> [ discussion on how to implement lower fragmentation on ReiserFS ]
>

> >>Let's get lots of different testers.  You may have a nice heuristic here
> >>though....
> >>

> > If everyone agrees the approach is worth trying, I'll make a patch that
> > enables it via a mount option.
> >
> [...]
>
> A dumb question inbetween: How do we - possible testers, users - get
> information about fragmentation on our ReiserFS partitions?

The best tool I've seen so far originally came from Vladimir and was
modified for a study on fragmentation of reiserfs and ext2, Jeff found
the link somewhere in his archives:

http://www.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/~loizides/reiserfs/index.html

There is also a filesystem aging tools there that I haven't played with
yet.

-chris