On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:28, Anders Widman wrote:
>    Is this supported, or will it be supported by ReiserFS?
>    I  use  this  feature quite quite much.. Maybe this is something to
>    add to ReiserFS?
>
>    There is very brief info at Microsoft's website:

Does MS support multiple data streams properly yet?

The last information I read about data streams indicated that commonly used
operations (such as typing "copy" in a command-line session) would not work
properly with multiple data streams.  Also many important programs such as
anti-virus programs did not support it.

The Linux API does not support multiple data streams.  Support for extended
attributes has recently been added, this will do most things that you might
want to do with multiple streams and does it in a standard way that is
supported.