Vitaly Fertman wrote:
On Friday 18 March 2005 21:59, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:

Vitaly Fertman wrote:

so 1.0.3 & 1.0.4 bail out. Using fsck.reiser4 --build-sb from
reiser4progs 1.0.3 rendered the filesystem created under 1.0.0 unusable,

fsck.reiser4 --build-sb is supposed to fix evth. what goes wrong?

sorry I didn't replied earlier, but I didn't have a spare disk available. here it goes. 40GB partition was mkfs'ed with 1.0.0, populated somehow (about 32k files, 400MB), then fsck --build-sb from 1.0.4 was run:

I think I didn't run mkfs 1.0.4. I once tried debugfs.reiser4 -C on the test partition before fsck, as I had run it on one of my live partitions previously, because I originally thought it does the migration (the partition seems to have survived). Can this be the cause too? Is it still possible to migrate such partition to 1.0.4 or I should do full backup & dd if=/dev/zero /dev/hdXX & mkfs & restore?

--
Jindrich Makovicka