On Fri, 27 May 2005 23:56:35 CDT, David Masover said:

> Hans, comment please?  Is this approaching v5 / v6 / Future Vision?  It
> does seem more than a little "clunky" when applied to v4...

I'm not Hans, but I *will* ask "How much of this is *rationally* doable
without some help from the VFS?".  At the very least, some of this stuff
will require the FS to tell the VFS to suspend its disbelief (for starters,
doing this without confusing the VFS's concepts of dentries/inodes/reference
counts is going to be.... interesting... :)