Islam Amer wrote:

> Problem is lots of experimental patches in -mm series hurt throughput
> and performance and reiser4 users have to suffer. Otherwise we have to
> go through the slightly non-trivial procedure of patching the vanilla
> kernel.

Non-trivial?  How's this:

for i in `egrep '^reiser4' ../broken-out/series`; do
        patch -p1 < ../broken-out/$1;
done

That won't always work, but it's certainly trivial.

Places it won't work:  patch names with spaces (won't happen), commented
patches (just generates weird errors), and a couple of kernels also need
the attached patch.  I don't remember which ones, but you get a compiler
error unless you've got it right.

It'll also fail (obviously) if anything's changed since I last checked.